We all know that goals are important but do you actually accomplish them?
The daily grind of life would be so much harder without goals. Often times we have the best intentions but end up losing sight of the final stretch or giving up because we weren’t prepared. There are certain things you can do to set attainable goals and be completely on track to not only achieve them but keep raising the bar.
Below are a few quick tips to help you in goal-setting and getting to the point where you can cross them off of your list.
- The One Thing – Ask yourself this question: What is the ONE thing I can do that by doing it, will make everything else easier or unnecessary? This is how you find the right goal to set. Whether in life or your marketing plans, you need that one thing that can be achieved. Many times, people set goals with no prior thought to if that goal will produce more benefit or become useless in their lives. Seek out the ONE thing that can make everything else fall into place.
- One Thing At A Time – Don’t set too many goals or try too many tasks to achieve it. This will end up making you inefficient. I’m not talking about multi-tasking in general but about the things that require true focus. For example, set a block of time to accomplish something that requires all of your attention. Also, don’t get bogged down in details. If you write a sentence, get your thought out first and then go back and find errors or proper structure. Allow your brain to do things one after the other, not jumbled all together.
- Write ‘Em Down – This may seem corny but it is HIGHLY effective. Write your goals down. By jotting them down, you give them heft and a more serious meaning. Looking at it on paper makes it legit but also helps you break it down into smaller steps so you can figure out the trail you need to follow to achieve it.
- Prioritize – Which goals have you set are non-important? Which need to be done immediately? Sort out what is important now, later or what isn’t important at all. This can not only help weed out which goals you may have to toss but can form an action plan in attaining these goals and staying on a schedule.
- Maintain – Set a schedule for your goals that fits YOU. What works for someone else might be the opposite for you. Try a Monday through Friday system where you set small, attainable actions each day that are necessary to achieving your goal. Think of it as goal maintenance. In order to achieve the big picture at the end, you need to do these small tasks as often as necessary or until full completion in order to attain that ultimate goal.
- Habit Forming – By sticking to a schedule and consistently running these small tasks as maintenance to achieve your goal, you will form a habit. These tasks will become second nature to you and you will start to automatically do them or anticipate them. This is huge because you won’t skip or let any tasks go and the repetition or completion of them will keep you climbing the ladder to goal ascension.
If you find yourself a little short on the time needed to launch a full scale marketing plan or feel like you might be missing something, give us a call and find out how we can help.
With a plethora of options available when it comes to advertising, your small business might just reap bigger rewards than both you and the competition realize!
Join us for the TGR SEO Services 2020 roundup and, on behalf of everyone here, have a joyous, abundant, prosperous, happy and healthy coming year!
The entire staff of TGR SEO Services would like to wish you a joyous holiday filled with love, happiness, glad tidings and good health!